Pages

Tuesday 21 December 2010

My first attempt

Okay, so i decided today that I will bake. What will I bake? Cupcakes......
So where do cupcakes come from? Definition:- 
A cupcake (British English: fairy cake; Australian English: patty cake or cup cake) is a small cake designed to serve one person, frequently baked in a small, thin paper or aluminum cup. As with larger cakes, frosting and other cake decorations, such as sprinkles, are common on cupcakes. - courtesy of google!
In my attempts to be a good mother and housewife, I need to be able to bake cakes. My husband seemed quite turned on by the fact that I was in my scruffs, flour all over me, green icing on my nose and the house full of the smell of cooking! Can I just remind him, that I cook him dinner everyday. Yes it might be fish and chips but is that really the point? No.
I use to enjoy cooking as a child with my mum, I just seemed to have lost interest over the 8 1/2 years I have been married. I thought I would enjoy cooking with my little girl, but again life seems to hard for all the mess.
So why the blog? Well, confession...i have depression and I am slightly insane. Not to mention the fact that I have rheumatoid arthritis which seems to make the most simple jobs in life difficult. So I have decided that just maybe, turning my kitchen into a bakery will help me and my insanity. Especially as I have decided that I no longer want to take prozac!
So, back to the point....my first attempts.....PANTS. I guessed at the amounts, the same amounts my mum used in the 80's. I checked google on the buttercream frosting, and I didn't have a piping thing, so made one with greaseproof paper which really didn't work that well. I will post pictures from my phone after I have finished this blog. You will see what I mean! However, the cakes were a disaster but my enthusiasm has grown...I really enjoyed myself! So far a good tonic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment