Pages

Wednesday 29 December 2010

Whisky flavour cupcakes


Well, I think I have exceeded myself on these ones! The ingredient is a very special one, one that my other half, James does not know I have used! 25 year old Edradour Whisky made in the smallest distillery in the world, and it happens to be Jim's favourite.

I didn't tell him that I put it in, he thought I used a taster bottle of Jack Daniels! LOL He stood licking the bowl of icing, no wonder he likes it so much!!





The cake itself has also been improved, adding baking powder and vanilla essence. Also I cooked them in a cooler oven, 160* instead of the 175ish. They were perfectly cooked in 30 minutes. I will add the update to my recipe along with the Whisky Icing.



And the finished product......


Yummmm.......




Stu, Will you accept these as payment?????

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma,
    Glad you are getting to grips with the recipe, the baking powder and vanilla extract make all the difference don't they! It was my Nan's secret weapon!
    You're getting very creative!
    Emms H x

    ReplyDelete